Coronavirus thread

Cause this is what everyone really wants to talk about right now......

Comments

• Not me. There is at least 99.99% TOO much info.

Although watching Trump make a daily fool of himself is more entertaining than the daily serving of Pablum from our out-of-depth PM.

• Well, I'd agree there is 99.99% too much useless info. You do have to mine through it all carefully to find the useful tidbits here and there. Unfortunately there is so much we don't yet know about this virus, so it's going to be a long learning process. I'm not expecting it to just disappear like SARS did. The new normal is probably going to be with us for a while. Society is going to look a lot different by the time it is over.

• The real danger is not COVID 19. The real danger is the fools and nutbars who rant about conspiracies etc. and recommend nonsensical pseudo cures.
    In the Middle Ages people used to make a pilgrimage to see or touch the bones of a so-called 'saint'.
    We are just as dumb. In fact, with our knowledge, we have to be even dumber than our ancestors who did not have access to facts (you probably remember 'facts').
    Those pesky darn things.
    How we managed to climb out of the caves and build a modern industrialized culture is just freakin' amazing.

• In the Middle Ages people used to make a pilgrimage to see or touch the bones of a so-called 'saint'.
    We are just as dumb.

People still do that today. I think some were on tour here recently.

So yeah.

How we managed to climb out of the caves and build a modern industrialized culture is just freakin' amazing.

It's only temporary.

• Ha ha. Oh so true.

• Contrary to the dire warnings of SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed), re COVID- 19 being around for a long long time, it is good to see that 2nd tier trials of various vaccines are now being carried out. Genetics, and biology have come light years ahead in the past 2 decades. I used to have a decent handle on the technology but it has long left me behind.
    However,I do realize that even if a 'safe and effective' vaccine has been found, it will take a long while to know whether or not it is truly as good as they might say, but things are moving along very fast indeed.

On a more sober note though, medical researchers worldwide have been looking for a vaccine for HIV/AIDS with zero success although their research is never wasted since it creates the tools and knowledge that are certainly being used now.
    However, if SWMBO ever lets me out of the house and garden again I will probably be 85 years of age. Only two years to go.
    Hey, the world does _NOT _ owe me a living. Never did.